The Manchester Gorton by-election of 2 November 1967 was held after the death of Labour MP (MP) Konni Zilliacus.
The seat was safe, having been won by Labour at the United Kingdom general election, 1966 by over 8,000 votes/.
- Kenneth Marks for the defending Labour Party was a councillor in Denton
- For the Conservatives, Winston S Churchill was a journalist for the Times
- Terry Lacey was chosen by the local Liberal Party association
- Writer John Creasey nominated himself as candidate for the All Party Alliance he had created.
- The Communists chose Victor Eddisford
Result of the previous general election
Result of the by-election