Maṅgala Aṣṭaka is a form of marriage ceremony in Maharashtra.
It always starts with the Aṣṭavināyaka Vandana, which is as follows:
- Svasti Śrī Gaṇanāyakam Gajāmukham Moreśvara Siddhidam Ballalam Murudum
- Vināyaka Maham Cintamanim Thevaram | Lenyadrim Girijātmājam Suvaradam
- Vighneśvara Ojhāram Grāme Ranjananamake Gaṇapatiḥ
- Kūryāt Sadā Maṅgalaṃ
There can be many other verses in between based on the number of enthusiastic singers present in the wedding ceremony. The last verse is always:
- tadeva lagnaṁ sudinaṁ tadeva tārā-balaṁ candra-balaṁ tadeva ।
- vidyā-balaṁ daiva-balaṁ tadeva lakṣmīpateḥ te'ṁghriyugaṁ smarāmi ॥!
- तदेव लग्नं सुदिनं तदेव ताराबलं चंद्रबलं तदेव ।
- विद्या बलं दैवबलं तदेव लक्ष्मीपतेः तेऽङ्घ्रियुगं स्मरामि ॥
|This Maharashtra-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hinduism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|