Mapperley is a village and civil parish in the Amber Valley district of Derbyshire, England, situated 7 miles (11 km) northeast of Derby and 2 miles (3 km) northwest of Ilkeston. In the 2001 census it had a population of 253, increasing to 289 at the 2011 Census.
The village is inaccessible from the rest of Amber Valley by road.
Mapperley Colliery, which was in operation from 1871 until 1965, was formerly a major employer in the area.
- "GENUKI: Mapperley, Derbyshire". GENUKI. 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Full dataset view: Parish Headcounts: Amber Valley (Non-Metropolitan District)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Villagers concerned over response times of emergency crews". thisisderbyshire. Derby Telegraph Media Group. 2009-09-08. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Mapperley". Derbyshire UK - Guide to Derbyshire and the Peak District. Derbyshire UK. 2007. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Common & Countryside" (PDF). Stanley and Stanley Common Parish Council. Retrieved 2009-11-17.[permanent dead link]
|This Derbyshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|