From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Mapping (disambiguation))
|Look up mapping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mapping is the creation of maps, a graphic symbolic representation of the significant features of a part of the surface of the Earth.
- Cartography, mapping in general
- Geospatial mapping, mapping with Geospatial analysis
- Mapping (mathematics), a synonym for mathematical function or for Morphism.
- Gene mapping, the assignment of DNA fragments to chromosomes
- Brain mapping, set of techniques to study the brain
- Data mapping, data element mappings between two distinct data models
- Texture mapping, in computer graphics
- Mind mapping is the drawing of ideas and the relations among them
- Robotic mapping, creation and use of maps by robots
- Spiritual mapping, a practice of some religions
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mapping.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.