Marcelino López (swimmer)
|Full name||Marcelino de Jesus López Soza|
1 January 1975 |
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
Marcelino de Jesus López Soza (born January 1, 1975) is a Nicaraguan former swimmer, who specialized in long-distance freestyle events. Lopez qualified for the men's 400 m freestyle at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, by receiving a Universality place from FINA, in an entry time of 4:14.43. He challenged five other swimmers in heat one, including Singapore's two-time Olympian Sng Ju Wei. Lopez rounded out a small field to last place in 4:18.89, more than four seconds off his entry time. Lopez failed to reach the top 8 final, as he placed forty-sixth overall on the first day of prelims.
- "Marcelino López". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Swimming – Men's 400m Freestyle Startlist (Heat 1)" (PDF). Sydney 2000. Omega Timing. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Collado Narvaez, Roberto (25 July 2000). "Marcelino y Fernanda a las ¡Olimpiadas de Sidney!" [Marcelino and Fernanda at the Sydney Olympics] (in Spanish). El Nuevo Diario. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Sydney 2000: Swimming – Men's 400m Freestyle Heat 1" (PDF). Sydney 2000. LA84 Foundation. p. 132. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 August 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Newberry, Paul (16 September 2000). "Thompson anchors U.S. relay win; Thorpe wins 400 free". Canoe.ca. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
|This biographical article related to a Nicaraguan swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|