Marciano Bruma in 2011
|Full name||Marciano Bruma van Homoet|
|Date of birth||March 7, 1984|
|Place of birth||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 August 2011.
Van Homoet was signed by Barnsley on 8 June 2007. He was originally known as Bruma, but was forced to change his name in September 2007, by the FA when Barnsley sent in his registration, after he completed a successful trial period with them at the start of the season.
When he broke his hand he had a plate screwed onto his second metacarpal in an hour-long surgery, the plate is a permanent attachment and can not be removed.
During his first season at Oakwell, he played as a substitute in the memorable win over Premier League side Liverpool in the 2007-08 FA Cup. He then excelled in the subsequent quarter-final victory against Chelsea and also played at Wembley in the Semi-Final against Cardiff City.
Marciano is the older brother of PSV player Jeffrey Bruma.
He had always been known as Marciano Bruma in the Netherlands, after dropping his father’s surname as a young child when his parents split up. But the FA insisted he should use the name on his birth certificate, so in England he played as Marciano van Homoet
- "Barnsley complete double signing". BBC Sport. 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- "Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley". BBC. 16 February 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Barnsley 1-0 Chelsea". BBC. 8 March 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Willem II contracteert Bruma" (in Dutch). Willem II Tilburg. 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- Marciano Bruma zostal nowym pilkarzem Arki Gdynia wiadomosci24.pl
- 11 piłkarzy odchodzi z Arki 30.06.2011, boisko.pl
- Marciano Bruma zawodnikiem Lecha Poznań
- "CLARIFICATION – MARCIANO VAN HOMOET". Barnsley FC. 2007-09-12. Retrieved 2007-09-12.