This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marco Scotini is an Italian curator, writer and art critic based in Milan.
He is Artistic Director of the FM Center for Contemporary Art in Milan. Since 2004, he has been Head of the Visual Arts and Curatorial Studies Department at NABA, Milan. Since 2014 he has been Head of Exhibitions Program at Parco Arte Vivente (PAV), Turin.
During his career, Scotini has curated more than two hundred solo exhibitions of artists. He has collaborated with art institutions as Documenta, Manifesta, Van Abbemusuem, SALT, Museo Reina Sofia, Castello di Rivoli, Nottingham Contemporary, MIT, Raven Row, Ludwing Múzeum Budapest, MSU Zagreb and Bildmuseet Umeå.
His project, Disobedience Archive, traveled for 10 years in several European countries, in the United States and Mexico. He was Artistic Director of the Gianni Colombo Archive from 2004 to 2016, organizing several retrospectives devoted to Colombo's work at Neue Galerie am Landesmuseum Joanneum Graz, Haus Konstruktiv Zurigo and Castello di Rivoli together with Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev.
His most recent exhibitions include:
- Starting from the Desert: Ecologies on the Edge, 2nd Yinchuan Biennale，MOCA Yinchuan, Yinchuan, China (2018),
- The Szechwan Tale: Theatre and History，1st Anren Biennale, Anren, China (2017),
- Piero Gilardi, Nature Forever. MAXXI, Rome (2017),
- The White Hunter: Memories and African Representations, FM Centre for Contemporary Art, Milan (2017),
- the PAV trilogy - EarthRise, ecologEast and The Green Tent (Das Grüne Zelt), PAV, Turin (2015-2016),
- Non-Aligned Modernity, FM Centre for Contemporary Art, Milan (2016),
- The Unarchivable: Italy 1970s, FM Centre for Contemporary Art, Milan (2016),
- Too Early, Too Late: Middle East and Modernity, Pinacoteca Nazionale, Bologna (2015).
He is author/editor of the books
- “Politics of Memory: Documentary and Archive” (DeriveApprodi, Rome 2014, and Archive Books, Berlin 2015);
- “Deimantas Narkevičius. Da Capo. Fifteen Films” (Archive Books, Berlin 2015);
- “Artecrazia: Macchine espositive e governo dei pubblici” (DeriveApprodi, Roma 2016),
- “Politiques de la végétation: Pratiques artistiques, stratégies communautaires, agroécologie” (Eterotopia France, Paris 2017);
- “Gianni Pettena. Not Conscious Architecture” (SternbergPress, Berlin 2017).
Scotini is also the founder of the bookzine No Order: Art in a Post-Fordist Society, published by Archive Books in Berlin, Scotini has written essays for Italian and international magazines, including Moscow Art Magazine, Springerin, Flash Art, Domus, Manifesta Journal, Kaleidoscope, Brumaria, Chto Delat? / What is to be done?, Open, South as a State of Mind, Arte e Critica, Millepiani, and Alfabeta.