Marcus Pløen Ingstad
|Marcus Pløen Ingstad|
|Dean of the University of Oslo Faculty of Law|
|Born||18 August 1837
|Died||24 September 1918
|Spouse(s)||Dorothea Greve (1839-1927)|
|Alma mater||University of Oslo
Marcus Pløen Ingstad (18 August 1837 – 24 September 1918) was a Norwegian jurist and educator. He was a legal historian and scholar who was the author of several books on Roman law. He served as a Professor of Jurisprudence and Dean of the Faculty of Law at the University of Oslo between 1870-1918.
Ingstad was born in Christiania (now Oslo), Norway. He was the son of Fredrik Emil Ingstad (1808–77) and Louise Platou (1812-43). He attended the Royal Frederick University (now University of Oslo): cand.philos. (1856), cand.jur. (1861) and Uppsala University: Dr. jur. (1877).
Ingstad was a Professor of Jurisprudence at the Faculty of Law of the Royal Frederick University (1870–1918) and also served as Dean of the Faculty of Law. He was ordained an assessor in the Supreme Court of Norway (1880 and 1891). He was also a legal scholar and historian as well as the author of several books on Roman law.
- Forelæsninger over Den romerske arveret (1916)
- Forelæsninger over romersk familieret (1917)
- Den romerske privatrets almindelige del (1924)
- "Ingstad, Marcus Pløen". Salmonsens konversationsleksikon. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- Bjørn Steenstrup. "Ingstad, Marcus Pløen". Hvem er Hvem?. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- Jon Gunnar Arntzen. "Ingstad". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- Ole Petter Rekvig. "Helge Ingstad, Jurist, Oppdagelsesreisende, Forfatter". Norsk biografisk leksikon. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
Frederik Peter Brandt
|Dean of the Faculty of Law, The Royal Frederick University||Succeeded by
|This biographical article about a Norwegian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|