- Not to be confused with the author of Tesla: Man Out of Time
Education and career
Cheney graduated from Oberlin College in 1976, with a double major in mathematics and physics. She completed her Ph.D. in 1982 at Indiana University. Her dissertation, Quantum Mechanical Scattering and Inverse Scattering in Two Dimensions, was supervised by Roger G. Newton.
After postdoctoral study at Stanford University, Cheney took a faculty position at Duke University in 1984, and moved to the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1988. In 2012 she moved again to Colorado State University as Yates Chair.
- Cheney, Margaret; Borden, Brett (2009), Fundamentals of Radar Imaging, CBMS-NSF Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, 79, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, PA, doi:10.1137/1.9780898719291, ISBN 978-0-898716-77-1
- Cheney, Margaret; Isaacson, David; Newell, Jonathan C. (1999), "Electrical impedance tomography", SIAM Review, 41 (1): 85–101, doi:10.1137/S0036144598333613, MR 1669729
- Cheney, M.; Isaacson, D.; Newell, J. C.; Simske, S.; Goble, J. (1990), "NOSER: An algorithm for solving the inverse conductivity problem", International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, 2 (2): 66–75, doi:10.1002/ima.1850020203
- Somersalo, Erkki; Cheney, Margaret; Isaacson, David (1992), "Existence and uniqueness for electrode models for electric current computed tomography", SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, 52 (4): 1023–1040, doi:10.1137/0152060, MR 1174044
- Cheney, Margaret (2001), "The linear sampling method and the MUSIC algorithm", Inverse Problems, 17 (4): 591–595, doi:10.1088/0266-5611/17/4/301, MR 1861470
- Birth year from ISNI authority control file, accessed 2018-11-26.
- Curriculum vitae (PDF), October 2012, retrieved 2018-02-27
- Margaret Cheney at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Johansson, Sara (January 31, 2000), "Hon ska uppmuntra flickor att läsa teknik" [She will encourage girls to study technology], Arbetet (in Swedish)
- SIAM Fellows: Class of 2009, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, retrieved 2018-02-27
- Review of Fundamentals of Radar Imaging: Lakey, Joseph D. (2010), Mathematical Reviews, MR 2553595