This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marilyn Sadler is a children's writer with a deadpan sense of humor. She was born November 17, 1950 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. One of her best known works was made into a television Disney movie, under the title Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century. That book is about a space girl who is sent to earth and the cultural clashes she finds in her new planet. Subsequently, two additional Zenon films were made, Zenon: The Zequel and Zenon: Z3.
She is also the author of the Alistair books, including Alistair in Outer Space and Alistair Underwater, Alistair's Elephant, and Alistair's Time Machine. This series concerns a boy genius whose activities include building a time machine, exploring outer space, and ironing his shoelaces.
Other books written by Marilyn Sadler include It's Not Easy Being a Bunny and the rest of the P. J. Funnybunny series, which was followed by the Honey Bunny series starring P. J.'s little sister, and Elizabeth and Larry, about a friendship between an old lady and a young alligator.
Marilyn's television credits also include two Reading Rainbow programs featuring Alistair, an Alistair program for the BBC, three ABC Weekend Specials featuring PJ Funnybunny and a show based on her children's book, Elizabeth and Larry for Showtime's Shelley Duvall's Bedtime Stories.
- P. J. Funnybunny:
- It's Not Easy Being a Bunny (Illustrated by Roger Bollen) (1983) (Early Moments)
- The Very Bad Bunny (1984)
- Coloring Fun With P. J. Funnybunny (1985)
- P. J. The Spoiled Bunny (1986)
- P. J. Funnybunny in The Great Tricycle Race (1988)
- P. J. Funnybunny in The Perfect Hiding Place (1988)
- Knock Knock, It's P. J. Funnybunny (1992)
- P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out (1994) (Early Moments)
- Bedtime for Bunnies (1994)
- P. J. Funnybunny and His Very Cool Birthday Party (1996)
- Honey Bunny Funnybunny (1997) (Early Moments)
- P. J. Funnybunny: Spring Fever! (2000)
- P. J. Funnybunny's Bag of Tricks (2004)
- Money Money Honey Bunny (2006) (Early Moments)
- Honey Bunny's Honey Bear (2007)
- Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century:
- Alistair Grittle:
- Elizabeth and Larry:
- Bob 'n John:
- Stand-alone books:
- Ump's Fwat: An Annual Report for Young People (1980)
- Happy Faces (1989)
- Chuck Wood and the Woodchucks in The Big Game (1990)
- The Copykitty (1990)
- Blue Barry Bear Counts From 1 to 20 (1991)
- Nanny Goat and the Lucky Kid (1991)
- The Parakeet Girl (1997)
- Pass It On (2012)
- Ten Eggs in a Nest (2014) (Early Moments)
- Lisa; Korayma (1 July 2001). "The Kids' Reading Room; Reading by 9; Book Reviews by Kids; Book Reviews By Kids; Thanks to Wizard, Bully Learns What It's Like to Be an Ant". Los Angeles Times. p. E.6. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Luttermoser, John (29 August 2009). "Daytime Emmys, 'True Blood,' 'Mad Men,' 'Rescue Me': TV's best for Aug, 30-Sept. 5". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Madden, John (2 October 2009). "GeekDad talks to 'Handy Manny' Producer Rick Gitelson". Wired. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Rupp, Rebecca (1998). The Complete Home Learning Source Book: The Essential Resource Guide for Homeschoolers, Parents, and Educators Covering Every Subject from Arithmetic to Zoology. Random House. p. 208. ISBN 978-0-609-80109-3. Retrieved 2 January 2011.