||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Marilyn Sadler is a children's writer with a deadpan sense of humor. She was born November 17. One of her best known works was made into a television Disney movie, under the title Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century. That book is about a space girl who is sent to earth and the cultural clashes she finds in her new planet. Subsequently, two additional Zenon films were made, Zenon: The Zequel and Zenon: Z3.
She is also the author of the Alistair books, including Alistair in Outer Space and Alistair Underwater, Alistair's Elephant, and Alistair's Time Machine. This series concerns a boy genius whose activities include building a time machine, exploring outer space, and ironing his shoelaces.
Other books written by Marilyn Sadler include It's Not Easy Being a Bunny, P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out, HoneyBunny Funnybunny, The Parkeet Girl, The Very Bad Bunny, Honey Bunny Funnybunny, Money Money Honey Bunny, Honey Bunny's Honey Bear, PJ The Spoiled Bunny, PJ Funnybunny's Bag of Tricks, Bedtime for Bunnies, PJ Funnybunny and His Very Cool Birthday Party, Knock Knock It's PJ Funnybunny, Elizabeth and Larry, Elizabeth Larry and Ed, Bob and John at Lake Kitty Paw Paw, Bob and John in Bad to the Bone, and Chuck Wood and the Woodchucks in The Big Game.
Marilyn's television credits also include two Reading Rainbow programs featuring Alistair, an Alistair program for the BBC, three ABC Weekend Specials featuring PJ Funnybunny and a show based on her children's book, Elizabeth and Larry for Showtime's Shelley Duvall's Bedtime Stories.
She has also illustrated an educational book, produced by the Academy of Economic Education, on economics for kids titled Ump's Fwat: An Annual Report for Young People.
- P.J. Funnybunny:
- It's Not Easy Being a Bunny (1983) (Early Moments)
- The Very Bad Bunny (1984)
- P.J. The Spoiled Bunny (1986)
- P.J. Funnybunny in The Great Tricycle Race (1988)
- P.J. Funnybunny in The Perfect Hiding Place (1988)
- Knock Knock, It's P.J. Funnybunny (1992)
- P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out (1994) (Early Moments)
- Bedtime for Bunnies (1994)
- P.J. Funnybunny and His Very Cool Birthday Party (1996)
- Honey Bunny Funnybunny (1997) (Early Moments)
- P.J. Funnybunny's Bag of Tricks (2004)
- Money Money Honey Bunny (2006) (Early Moments)
- Honey Bunny's Honey Bear (2007)
- Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century:
- Alistair Grittle:
- Elizabeth and Larry:
- Bob and John:
- Stand-alone books:
- Lisa; Korayma (1 July 2001). "The Kids' Reading Room; Reading by 9; Book Reviews by Kids; Book Reviews By Kids; Thanks to Wizard, Bully Learns What It's Like to Be an Ant". Los Angeles Times. p. E.6. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Luttermoser, John (29 August 2009). "Daytime Emmys, 'True Blood,' 'Mad Men,' 'Rescue Me': TV's best for Aug, 30-Sept. 5". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Madden, John (2 October 2009). "GeekDad talks to 'Handy Manny' Producer Rick Gitelson". Wired. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Rupp, Rebecca (1998). The Complete Home Learning Source Book: The Essential Resource Guide for Homeschoolers, Parents, and Educators Covering Every Subject from Arithmetic to Zoology. Random House. p. 208. ISBN 978-0-609-80109-3. Retrieved 2 January 2011.