This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marin showed a particular interest in music in his earliest childhood. At the age of four Marin began playing the piano. At the same age he won a competition singing a song written by Freddie Mercury. From this age he also began to sing the songs of Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and many Bulgarian singers. Marin had many performances in TV and live shows for talented children like "The Little Big Stars", "Like The Lions" and others. From then on he has received first place awards in many musical festivals and competitions.
Since the age of eight (1996–2001) Marin was a singer and a soloist in "The Plovdiv Boys' and Men's Choir" and participated with it in different festivals and competitions all over Europe. In the period 1996-1998 he played roles in the A'PART theater in Plovdiv. Marin also had a role in a TV film, sponsored by the Queen of the United Kingdom and also performed the song of the film. In 2000 he and his sister Sonya Yoncheva became the winners of the year in a TV national music competition for young singers - "Hit minus one" with the duet song of Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli - "Time to Say Goodbye". In 2004 Marin won the first prize for a young singer in a competition for French songs - "Alians Fransese" with the songs "Oh,Marie"-Johny Hollyday and "Lanvie d'amer"-Pascal Obispo.
In 2005 Marin Yonchev became the Winner of Star Academy - Bulgaria. After it he took part in the big national tour of Star Academy. In March 2006 Marin was rewarded the first prize for a debut of BG Radio for his first song and clip - "One Senseless Day" ( "Един Безсмислен Ден" in Cyrillic) . For 11 weeks his clip is on the first places in the competition - "The Big 10" on the National Bulgarian Television. It is also on the top of radio and other TV musical charts.
In 2007 Marin Yonchev graduated from the National School for Music and Arts in his hometown Plovdiv with basic subjects - operatic singing, contrabass(double bass) and piano. He can also play guitar and flute.
Songs from SA
- Marin Yonchev - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Senza Una Donna[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Unchained Melody[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Always On My Mind[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Pretty Woman[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Every Breath You Take[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - My Way[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Always[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Ako ne tragna, shte ostana[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Otkakto ti[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Umoreni Krila[permanent dead link]
- Marin Yonchev - Pustinna Zemq[permanent dead link]
- Marin, Daniel, Georgi - All For Love[permanent dead link]
- "Teenager Sweeps Star Academy's EUR 75,000". novinite.com. Sofia News Agency. 2005-07-19. Archived from the original on 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- "TEENAGER BECOMES STAR ACADEMY BULGARIA WINNER". www.sofiaecho.com. 2005-07-15. Archived from the original on 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- "Bulgarian idols". www.sofiaecho.com. 2010-01-15. Archived from the original on 2010-02-19. Retrieved 2016-12-29.