Mariquita Jenny Moberly
|Mariquita Jenny Moberly
RI BWS NSA
|Born||Mariquita Jenny Phillips
Deptford, London, England
|Died||1 November 1937
Mitcham, Surrey, England
|Spouse(s)||Herbert Guy Moberly|
In March 2013, a number of her watercolour paintings, in private possession, of a variety of subjects, were shown in the BBC television programme Antiques Roadshow. These included a 1918 self-portrait and a picture of a dog that reputedly belong to Ernest Shackleton, along with photographs of her paintings of dogs known to be his.
- "Deaths". The Times. London, England. 2 November 1937. p. 1.
Moberly.—On Monday, Nov. 1, 1937, at Ravensbury Gardens, Morden Road, Mitcham, Surrey, Mariquita Jenny, widow of Herbert Guy Moberly, aged 82.
- "Index entry". FreeBMD. ONS. Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- Wright, Christopher; Catherine May Gordon; Mary Peskett Smith (2006). British and Irish Paintings in Public Collections: An Index of British and Irish Oil Paintings by Artists Born Before 1870 in Public and Institutional Collections in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Yale University Press. p. 569. ISBN 0300117302.
- "Mariquita Jenny Moberly". BBC Your Paintings website. BBC. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Best Friends". Leighton Fine Art. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "Chatham Historic Dockyard". Antiques Roadshow. Series 35. Episode 16. 2013-03-24. BBC. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "The Secret Path". Your Paintings. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mariquita Jenny Moberly.|