Mark A. Boyer
Mark A. Boyer
|Born||June 15, 1961|
|Alma mater||University of Maryland |
|Institutions||University of Connecticut|
|Website||Mark A. Boyer|
Mark A. Boyer (born June 15, 1961) is a Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor in the Department of Geography at the University of Connecticut. He is a specialist in International Relations theory. Boyer’s recent scholarship analyzes governmental responses to climate change at the regional and local level. He has also worked to advance pedagogical scholarship and methods. As part of his secondary research agenda, he is co-director of the GlobalEd 2 project, which conducts computer-assisted international studies simulations for middle school and high school students throughout the United States. Boyer is past co-editor of International Studies Review (2008-2012), a journal of the International Studies Association, and former editor of International Studies Perspectives (2000-2004); he continues to serve as an editorial board member for both journals.
- Ladd Hollist Service Award, 2008.
- Rowman and Littlefield Award for Innovative Teaching in Political Science, 2000.
- Global Politics: Engaging a Complex World. Co-author with Natalie F. Hudson and Michael J. Butler. (McGraw-Hill, 2012). 
- Defensive Internationalism: Providing Global Public Goods in an Uncertain World. Co-author with Davis B. Bobrow. (University of Michigan Press, 2005). 
- International Cooperation and Public Goods: Opportunities for the Western Alliance. (Johns Hopkins University Press, 1993). 
- Connecticut Public Broadcasting
- Where We Live, WNPR. "Understanding Global Environmental Politics: Despite Environmental Conditions Worsening, We Have ‘Treaty Congestion.’” Jul 16, 2012.
- WNPR News. "What We've Learned From Superstorm Sandy," Diane Orson, October 30, 2013.
- Daily Trojan. "Professor Discusses Local Policies on Climate Change," Rebecca Cohen, December 4, 2013.
- Connecticut Public Broadcasting. "Resilient Cities: With More Severe Storms On The Horizon, How Should Cities And Towns Prepare?" October 31, 2012.
- “Adapting to Climate Change: Mapping Connecticut’s Coastal Responses to a Global Problem.” (2013) Mark A. Boyer. Sea Grant Law and Policy Journal, vol. 5, no. 1: 15-40.
- “Evolving Beyond Self-Interest? Some Experimental Findings from Simulated International Negotiations.” (2010) Co-author with Anat Niv-Solomon, Laura L. Janik, Mark A. Boyer, Natalie B. Hudson, Brian Urlacher, Scott W. Brown, Donalyn Maneggia. Simulation and Games, vol. 42, no. 6: 711-732.
- Judd, Jamison (2013-07-15). "Home | The GlobalEd 2 Project". globaled.education.uconn.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-18.
- UConn Today. "Two Faculty Named 2013 Board of Trustees Distinguished Professors," Stephanie Reitz, May 13, 2013.
- International Studies Review
- International Studies Perspectives
- International Studies Association.
- American Political Science Association.