|Full name||Mark Wilson Gavin|
|Date of birth||10 December 1963|
|Place of birth||Baillieston, Scotland|
|19??–19??||Leeds United Youth|
|1985||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||7||(1)|
|1988||Heart of Midlothian||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Mark Gavin played his youth football with Leeds United. Gavin signed professional for Leeds United in December 1981. While at Leeds United Gavin had a short loan spell with Hartlepool United in 1985. Gavin moved from Leeds United to Carlisle United in July 1985. Gavin joined Bolton Wanderers from Carlisle United in March 1986. Gavin played in the Freight Rover Trophy final for Bolton Wanderers against Bristol City in May 1986. Gavin moved from Bolton Wanderers to Rochdale in August 1987. Gavin moved briefly to Scotland with Hearts and played in the Scottish League.
Bristol City manager Joe Jordan signed Gavin for £35,000 from Hearts in October 1988. Gavin moved from Bristol City to Watford when he was swapped with Wayne Allison in August 1990. Jimmy Lumsden brought Gavin back from Watford in December 1991 for £60,000 to Bristol City. Terry Cooper signed Gavin for Exeter City from Bristol City in February 1994. Gavin moved from Exeter City to Scunthorpe United in August 1996. Gavin rejoined Hartlepool United in July 1997 for a second spell. Gavin ended his playing career with a spell back in Scotland during 1997–98 with Greenock Morton.
- with Bolton Wanderers
- "Mark Gavin". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Hugman, Barry (1998). PFA Football League Players' Records 1946 – 1998. Queen Anne Press. ISBN 1-85291-585-4.
- Gray, Derek; Emms, Steve (2002). Scottish League Players' Records 1975–76 to 1999/2000. SoccerData. ISBN 1-899468-64-1.
- Woods, David; Edwards, Leigh (1997). Bristol City FC The First 100 years. Redcliffe Press. ISBN 1-900178-26-5.
- Woods, David (1994). Bristol Babe The First 100 years of Bristol City FC. Yore Publications. ISBN 1-874427-95-X.