Mark H. Chilton
Chilton was the youngest elected official in North Carolina when he was elected in 1991 to the Chapel Hill Town Council at the age of 21 years, 39 days. He was the first undergraduate at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to hold elected office. (In 1973, law student Gerry Cohen was elected to the Chapel Hill Board of Aldermen, as the governing board was then known.) Chilton later moved to the neighboring town of Carrboro, where he was elected in 2003 to the Carrboro Board of Aldermen.
- List of mayors of Carrboro, North Carolina
- List of alderpersons of Carrboro, North Carolina
- List of town council members of Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Town of Carrboro Archived 2009-03-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Mark Chilton's website Archived 2007-10-12 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Carrboro Citizen - Carrboro mayoral candidate: Mark H. Chilton
|This article about a mayor in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|