Mark van der Maarel
|Date of birth||August 12, 1989|
|Place of birth||Arnhem, Netherlands|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 April 2017.
He made his debut on 22 August 2009 in a friendly against non-league side Elinkwijk. His first league match was on 20 September at ADO Den Haag, where he replaced the injured Sander Keller after 67 minutes. Due to injuries to regular right back and team captain Tim Cornelisse, he kept his place in the first team and made an impressive contribution to the best start to a season ever for FC Utrecht. In the 1–0 win against champions AZ he was voted Man of the Match.
On 5 October, Van der Maarel was called up for Netherlands U21, for the European U21 Championship group 4 qualifiers at Finland and Poland. Here he also benefitted from injury problems: he replaced Feyenoord defender Kelvin Leerdam.
Van der Maarel can play central defender or right back.
He is of Indonesian descent.
- Van der Maarel stelt zich voor (Dutch)
- Eredivisie Team Of The Week: Round 8
- Pot haalt Utrechter Van der Maarel bij Jong Oranje (Dutch)
- "Para Pemain Keturunan Indonesia di Eredivisie Rata-Rata U-23, Penggawa Tim Junior Oranye" (in Indonesian). Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Voetbal International profile (Dutch)
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a defender, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|