|Birth name||Marshall Williamson Drew|
|Born||January 11, 1984|
Clarksdale, Mississippi United States
|Genres||Folk rock, Americana, rock|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, drums|
Marshall Drew was born on January 11, 1984 in Clarksdale, Mississippi. He took an interest in music at a young age, learning to play guitar at age five and beginning to write songs at eight. He played in several local bands during his teens, often performing blues music throughout the Mississippi Delta. Drew, however, cites classic rock-era singer-songwriters such as Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young as his primary influences. He is also heavily influenced by highly melodic rock bands such as The Beatles and Big Star.
Drew released A Million Different Shades, his debut independent album, in 2009 to generally positive reviews, receiving comparisons to Springsteen, Dylan and Tom Petty and earning praise for its lyrics and musical hooks. Drew wrote and produced the album himself as well as playing most of the instruments, including vocals, guitars, drums, harmonica and organ.
- "'The Local Voice: Marshall Drew Band Live at Rooster's Blues Bar on Thursday, December 3rd'". Archived from the original on July 24, 2011. Retrieved June 26, 2010.
- 'AltCountry Forum: Marshall Drew – A Million Different Shades'
- 'Roots Highway: Shortcuts #134'
- 'AltCountry.nl: Marshall Drew'
- 'Rootstime: Marshall Drew – A Million Different Shades'
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Marshall Drew|