The Marshall ShredMaster (also known as the Shred Master) is a discontinued distortion pedal which was manufactured by Marshall Amps.
It was the high-gain pedal of a triad, also including the Marshall DriveMaster and the Marshall BluesBreaker. All of which were created to represent a certain Marshall Amplifier in an effects pedal.
The pedal is powered by 9V battery or external power supply.
The ShredMaster has five knobs, which are, from left to right:
- Gain – controls intensity of the drive
- Bass – controls lower frequencies
- Contour – controls mid frequencies
- Treble – controls high-end response
- Volume – controls overall volume level
Notable musicians who have used the ShredMaster include:
- Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke of Radiohead
- Gaz Coombes of Supergrass
- James Dean Bradfield of Manic Street Preachers
- Alex James of Blur
- Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine
- Sam Koisser of Peace
- ^ "Vintage Pedal of the Week: Marshall". Pedals and Effects. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- ^ McStarkey, Mick (2021-11-05). "How to play the guitar like Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood". Far Out Magazine. Retrieved 2022-02-06.