This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Martin Leyer-Pritzkow grew up the first years in Düsseldorf. Influenced by his grandfather, who has taken him to many exhibitions of classical modernism as a child, his interest in art developed. At grammar school in Düsseldorf-Gerresheim he received art lessons from Konrad Fischer (artist name: Konrad Lueg) and Gerhard Richter. In the year 1972 Leyer-Pritzkow changed school and graduated for high school in Bonn.
After studying economics at the Universities of Regensburg and Cologne, he began his career in 1983 as a marketing manager at Diners Club International, in Germany. He was director of marketing and sales at a former subsidiary of the 1989 Swiss reinsurance and the "Dr. Harald Quandt Holding ". He subsequently worked as a managing partner of a Direct Marketing company in Munich and consultant for a French consulting company in Lyon. In 1996 he started his own business as an independent curator in Düsseldorf.
Martin Leyer-Pritzkow organizes his own exhibitions of contemporary art in Germany and foreign countries. He cares about artistic life works, mediates contemporary fine art and gives lectures about the quality characteristics of contemporary art and strategical collecting. He analysis developments and tendencies of the international art market in newspapers and broadcast.
Curated exhibitions (selection)
- 2016 H50 21K, Domagk Art studios,Munich, Germany
- 2015 Natura nutrix - Homo vorax, Collateralevent of the 56th Venice Biennale with Nevia Pizzul-Capello and Hans-Joachim Petersen at Palazzo Albrizzi, Associaczone Culturale Italo-Tedesca, Venice, Italy
- 2010 Muc-Dus Exchange, White Box, Munich and E.ON Headquarters, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2001 Young Figuratives, 2001 Carolinen Palais Munich, Germany
- 2002 Young Figuratives Mönchehaus-Museum of Modern Art, Goslar, Germany
- 2000 Adolf Bierbrauer, NRW Forum, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2000 Young Figurattives Cologne, Germany
- 1999 Young Figuratives Rovigo, Italy
- 1998 Due Dimensioni – Arte Giovane Italia e Germania, Venice, Italy
- 1998 Young German Painters, Decoplage, Miami, USA
Exhibited artists (selection)
Agata Agatowski, Mahssa Askari, Armin Baumgarten, Thomas Bernstein, Christoph Beyer, Sarah Budde, Adolf Bierbrauer, Peter Brüning, Stefan Demary, Thea Djordjadze, Stefan Ettlinger, Fabrizio Gazzarri, Jårg Geismar, Karl Otto Götz, Heinz Hausmann, Hans-Jörg Holubitschka, Gerhard Hoehme, Florian Huth, Jacobo Jarach, Tina Juretzek, Agnieszka Kaszubowska, Horst Keining, Sven Kierst, Anna Krammig, Hendrik Krawen, Augusta Laar, André Lanskoy, Peter Lindenberg, Bernard Lokai, Yoshiyuki Miura, Maria-Elisabetta Novello, Jennifer Rieker, Katrin Roeber, Thomas Ruch, Julia Schewalie, Thyra Schmidt, Emil Schumacher, Brigitte Stenzel, Angelika J. Trojnarski, Fritz Winter et alii.
From 1999 to 2008 he was lecturer at the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia in Venice.
- (Ed.): Due Dinemsioni, Giovane Arte in Italia e Germania Texts by Massimo Dona, Fabrizio Gazzarri, Martin Leyer-Pritzkow, Tonato Antonio and Luigi Viola, in English, Italian and German language, Leyer-Pritzkow, Düsseldorf 1998, ISBN 3-926820-61-6.
- (Ed.). Adolf Bierbrauer, in English and German language, Leyer-Pritzkow, Düsseldorf 2000, ISBN 3-926820-70-5.
- (Ed.): Young Figuratives, in English and German language, Ketterer Kunst, Munich 2001. ISBN 3-00-007375-2.
- (Ed.): Fabrizio Gazzarri: Dialoghi Inversi – Fabrizio Gazzarri, in English, Italian and German language, Leyer-Pritzkow, Düsseldorf 2003. ISBN 3-00-012419-5.
- with Klaus Sebastian: Das Kunstkaufbuch (The Art Purchase Book) Prestel, Munich, Berlin, London, New York, 2005. ISBN 3-7913-3359-3.
- Limits of freedom, the aesthetics of the moment, the introduction to the photographs of the artist Sven Kierst, in English and German, dauvi-Verlag, Bergheim 2012, ISBN 978-3-937855-06-6.
- Website from curator of contemporary art Martin Leyer-Pritzkow
- Wikipedia Germany
- Literature by Martin Leyer-Pritzkow in the German National Library
- Literature by Martin Leyer-Pritzkow in the online Library "Bibliothèque Kadinsky", Centre Pompidou, France
- Literature by Martin Leyer-Pritzkow in the online library of the fine art collection of North Rhine-Westfalia
- Picasso-Rekord-kuendet-von-der-Panik-der-Superreichen (Picasso record tells of panic of the super rich), Interview from Daniel Eckert with Martin Leyer-Pritzkow e.a., Die Welt – online, 13 May. 2015
- In zehn Jahren wird es das erste Milliarden Kunstwerk geben (In ten years there will be the first art work for a billion), Curator Leyer-Pritzkow: The boom just started, in: Die Welt, 16 February 2008
- Der Spiegel, Die Dekade der Gier (The Decade of Greed) Nr. 10 / 2005