|14th President of College of Saint Benedict|
August 01, 2004
|Residence||St. Joseph, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||Temple University (B.A. & Ph.D.)|
|Website||Office of the President|
MaryAnn Baenninger is a psychologist and president of the College of Saint Benedict. MaryAnn Baenninger will be leaving the College of Saint Benedict presidency as of July 1, 2014. On July 21, 2014, Baenninger will assume the position of president of Drew University, a Methodist-affiliated liberal arts college in Madison, New Jersey.
Baenninger received a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychology from Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After serving on as a psychology professor on the faculty of The College of New Jersey (formerly Trenton State College) in Ewing, New Jersey, and as an executive associate director with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in Philadelphia, Baenninger was appointed as president of College of Saint Benedict in Saint Joseph, Minnesota in 2004. During her tenure at the private Roman Catholic college for women, Baenninger is "credited with building out the school’s study abroad programs, attracting international students and supporting undergraduate research. She also won praise for diversifying the student body and more than doubling the school’s endowment." In February 2014, Drew University's board of trustees appointed Baenninger as its first female president, to replace Robert Weisbuch who stepped down in June 2012. She will assume the position on 21 July 2014.
Baenninger is married to retired Temple University psychology professor Ron Baenninger.
- Baenninger, MaryAnn, "Institutional Strength from CAO/CFO Partnerships", University Business Magazine, October 2009.
- Baenninger, MaryAnn, "A Golden Thread: The Liberal Arts in the 21st Century", CSB/SJU, 22 April 2005.
- Baenninger, MaryAnn, "For Women on Campuses, Access Doesn't Equal Success", The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2 October 2011.
- "Office of the President". College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University.
- Dotray, Matt (2013-10-22). "Baenninger will step down as 14th president for St. Benedict". St. Cloud Times. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- Drew University and Patterson, Mary Jo, "Drew Names MaryAnn Baenninger as Next President: Decision follows exhaustive search" (news release), 24 February 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "Drew University president stepping down from post"
- Ron Baenninger. "Confessions of a Male Presidential Spouse". Inside Higher Ed, 2/9/2009.
- Interview with MaryAnn Baenninger, Council of Independent Colleges