Mary (Sarkodie album)
Sarkodie's Grandmother "Mary"
|Live album by|
|Released||September 12, 2015|
|Producer||Sarkodie (exec.), Akwaboah|
|Singles from Mary|
Mary is a live album by Ghanaian rapper Sarkodie. It is the rapper's fourth overall album and the follow-up to his third studio album, Sarkology (2014). The album was released through his imprint Sarkcess Music. It is dedicated to his grandmother who died in 2012. As the executive producer of his project, Sarkodie enlisted Akwaboah to produce and write the album. The live recorded album features guest appearances from Akwaboah, Efya, Mugeez, Obrafour and Chase.
Mary is named after Sarkodie's late Grandmother who wanted him to record live music. The album took 2 years to record. Sarkodie worked closely with producer Akwaboah on the LP. In a December 2014 Facebook post, the rapper revealed the album's cover art and said he didn't tweet or talked about it because he needed time and a sound mind to record. Producer Akwaboah told Pulse Ghana that the album will comprise 10 songs including "Success Story", "End Up Falling", "All In You" and "Giant Steps". He also said he wrote eight songs on the album.
- Wanna Be Loved ft Efya
- Giant Steps ft Chase
- Mewu ft Akwaboah
- Always On My Mind ft Obrafour
- Bra ft Pat Thomas
- Nobody's Business ft Akwaboah
- All Is You ft Mugeez
- End Up Falling ft Akwaboah
- Edwom tesen
- Sarkcess Story ft Efya
- Ameyaw Debrah (10 July 2015). "Listen up: Sarkodie feat akwaboah mewu". Ameyaw Debrah. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- YFMGhana. "Sarkodie Announces New Album Title - Dedicates It To His Granny - Entertainment - YFM". yfmghana.com. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "News - Tigo Music Tanzania". tigo.co.tz. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "The New Album Of Sarkodie Is MARY – Find Out The Lucky Woman Behind The Album". Ghana HomePage. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Christina Arthur (28 January 2015). "Did You Know? Akwaboah Produced Sarkodie's latest album, 'Mary'". pulse.com.gh. Retrieved 5 April 2015.