Mary Lou Zeeman
Mary Lou Zeeman is a British mathematician at Bowdoin College in the US, where she is chair of the mathematics department and R. Wells Johnson Professor of Mathematics. She specializes in dynamical systems and their application to mathematical biology; she helped found the SIAM Activity Group on the Mathematics of Planet Earth, and co-directs the Mathematics and Climate Research Network.
Zeeman is the daughter of British mathematician Christopher Zeeman. She was educated at the University of Oxford, and earned her PhD in 1989 from the University of California, Berkeley under the supervision of Morris Hirsch. Before moving to Bowdoin in 2006, she spent 15 years on the faculty of the University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Mathematics Faculty and Staff, Bowdoin College, retrieved 2017-08-14
- Six Professors Named to Chaired Professorships, Bowdoin College, July 30, 2007, retrieved 2017-08-14
- "Mathematicians tackle global issues", Press release, Mathematics of Planet Earth, December 7, 2012
- Stewart, Ian (February 24, 2016), "Sir Christopher Zeeman obituary", The Guardian
- Mary Lou Zeeman at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- PIMS Distinguished Speaker: Mary Lou Zeeman, Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences, October 24, 2013, retrieved 2017-08-14