Mary Rose Barrington
She was President of the Oxford University Society for Psychical Research, and joined the Society for Psychical Research in 1957, becoming a Council member in 1962. She served on its Spontaneous Cases Committee since the beginning of the committee. In 1995 she was elected as Vice-President of the Society.
Outside of her parapsychology work, she supported animal protection and voluntary euthanasia. She was once a chairperson of the British Voluntary Euthanasia Society. She appeared in the episode Ripples in Time of the British paranormal documentary television series Ghosthunters.
- A World In A Grain Of Sand: The Clairvoyance Of Stefan Ossowiecki, by Ian Stevenson, Zofia Weaver, and Mary Rose Barrington, (2005). ISBN 978-0786421121
- Beyond The Boggle Threshold: Confessions Of A Macro-Addict, in Men and Women of Parapsychology, Personal Reflections, ESPRIT Volume 2, edited by Rosemarie Pilkington, (2013). ISBN 9781938398018
- Swan on a Black Sea: How Much Could Miss Cummins Have Known?. (1966). Journal of the Society for Psychical Research. Mary Rose Barrington. Volume 43. pp. 289–300.
- "Apologia for Suicide," by Mary Rose Barrington, in "Suicide, The Philosophical Issues", edited by M. Pabst Battin and David l. Mayo. New York: St. Martins Press. 1981. ISBN 978-0720605792
- "Trustees and Officers". spr.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 2015-02-23. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- "Mary Rose Barrington (1926-2020)". THE SOCIETY for Psychical Research. Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- Herbert Hendin (February 1, 1996). Suicide in America. W.W. Norton. pp. 239–. ISBN 978-0-393-31368-0.