|Breeder||August Belmont, Jr.|
1) August Belmont, Jr. |
2) John Boden
3) Canadian National Bureau of Breeding
United States Hotel Stakes (1901)|
American Classic Race wins:
Belmont Stakes (1902)
|Champion Thoroughbred sire- New York Horse Show (1910)|
At the 1903 dispersal sale of Belmont's stable, Masterman was purchased by John Boden for $2,500. Masterman was later given to the Canadian Breeding Bureau by Boden in September 1908 for use as a sire for cavalry horses. Masterman was euthanized in June 1911 after breaking a leg at a contract farm in Petite Cote, Quebec where he was being stabled.
- "Belmont stable dispersal" (PDF). The New York Times. October 9, 1903. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "Canadian Breeding Bureau grows". Daily Racing Form. July 2, 1908. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Canadian National Bureau of Breeding (c. 1913). King horse [electronic resource] : for the improvement of the breed of horses in Canada by means of the thoroughbred cross. Montreal: Canadian National Bureau of Breeding. p. 49. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Canadian Breeding Bureau's record". Daily Racing Form. January 23, 1912. Retrieved 19 August 2010.