From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Matheson Family)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Place of origin||Utah|
|Members||Scott Milne Matheson, Sr., Scott M. Matheson, Scott Matheson, Jr., Jim Matheson|
- Scott Milne Matheson, Sr. (1897–1958), U.S. Attorney of Utah. Father of Scott M. Matheson.
- Scott M. Matheson (January 8, 1929 – October 7, 1990), Governor of Utah from 1977 to 1985. Democrat. Chair of the Democratic National Policy Commission. Son of Scott M. Matheson, Sr. Cousin to Marion G. Romney. His grandmother Maria Luella Redd sister Teressa Artemisa Redd was a mother of Marion G. Romney.
- Scott Matheson, Jr. (born 1953), U.S. Attorney for the District of Utah from 1993 to 1997. He was the Democratic candidate for governor of Utah in 2004. Son of Governor Scott M. Matheson and the elder brother of Congressman Jim Matheson. Cousin of Marion G. Romney. Appointed to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals by Obama.
- Jim Matheson (born March 21, 1960), Member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Utah's 2nd congressional district since 2001. Democrat. Son of Governor Scott M. Matheson. Cousin of Marion G. Romney.
- Index to Politicians: Masterson to Matheus. The Political Graveyard. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.