Mathew P. John
|Mathew P. John|
|Other names||M. P. John|
From 1947 to 1971 he was Lecturer of New Testament at Serampore College, Serampore,. where he once studied. He later undertook doctoral studies in Chicago in New Testament between 1960 and 1963 and returned to Serampore to take up his teaching assignments. However, it was not until 1969 that he could complete his doctoral studies. M. P. John became the Rector of Serampore College in 1964, a position in which he continued until he left the College in January 1971 and joined the Translations Department of the Bible Society of India and oversaw the common language translations in Shillong, Meghalaya.
|Professional and academic associations|
R. M. Clark
Society for Biblical Studies in India
1964 - 1966
D. F. Hudson
D. F. Hudson
|Lecturer of New Testament
Bishop's College, Kolkata
|Associate General Secretary, (Translations),
Bible Society of India, Bangalore
- M. P. John, Life, Death and Life after Death, in Religion and Society, Volume 18, Christian Institute for the Study of Religion and Society, Bangalore, 1971. pp. 12 & 58. 
- M. P. John (Edited), The Changing Pattern of Family in India, The Ecumenical Review, Volume 10, World Council of Churches, 1957. p.492. 
- M. P. John, Bible Translation and Mission: Review Essay, TIC TALK 38, Newsletter of the United Bible Societies Translation Information Clearinghouse, 1997. 
- M. P. John, New Perceptions in the Mission of the Church: New Frontiers, New Challenges, National Christian Council Review, Volume 104, National Christian Council of India, Nagpur, 1984. 
- Max Gonsalves (Ed.), Society for Biblical Studies in India Directory 1998.
- S. J. Samartha, M. P. John (Compiled), Directory of students 1910-1967, Serampore College (Theology Department), Serampore, 1967, p.13.
- The Council of Serampore College, The Story of Serampore and its College, Fourth Edition 2005, Serampore. 
- John C. England, Asian Christian Theologies: Asia region, 7th-20th centuries ; South Asia ; Austral Asia Volume 1 of Asian Christian Theologies: A Research Guide to Authors, Movements, Indian Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, New Delhi, 2004. p.313. 
- Our Common Witness: Report of a Consultation, Council, 1981, p.120
- Further reading
- The Council of Serampore College (2005). "The Story of Serampore and its College" (Fourth Edition).
|This article about a translator of the Bible is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|