From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matins is the canonical hour ending at dawn in the Roman Catholic monastic Liturgy of the Hours.
Matins may also refer to:
- Orthros, the equivalent office in the Eastern Churches
- Matins Gospel, the solemn chanting of a passage from the Four Gospels during Matins in the Orthodox and Byzantine Rite Eastern Catholic churches
- Morning Prayer (Anglican), often called Matins or Mattins
- Matins in Lutheranism, a morning order
- "Matins", the first of seven poems in the series "Horae Canonicae" by Scottish poet Donald Davie (1922–1995)
- Matins, a collection of thirty poems by Canadian poet Francis Joseph Sherman (1871–1926) published in 1896
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Matins.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.