3.7.0 / 19 November 2018
3.8.0-b2 / 29 November 2018
|License||GNU GPL v3|
Matomo, formerly Piwik (pronounced //), is a free and open source web analytics application developed by a team of international developers, that runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. It tracks online visits to one or more websites and displays reports on these visits for analysis. As of June 2018[update], Matomo was used by over 1,455,000 websites, or 1.3% of all websites with known traffic analysis tools, and has been translated into 54 languages. New versions are released regularly.
Piwik was released in late 2007 as a replacement for phpMyVisites, with full API support, a cleaner UI, modern graphs, better architecture and better performance.
In January 2018, Piwik was officially renamed as Matomo.
- A/B Testing
- Tracking and Reporting API
- Facebook Ads, Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Google AdWords
- Bing Ads: Paid search marketing campaign
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- "Releases - matomo-org/matomo". Retrieved 30 November 2018 – via GitHub.
- "Matomo Web Analytics Usage Statistics". Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Usage statistics and market share of Piwik for websites". Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Piwik Translations". Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Changelog Matomo". 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "Hosted Apps". 2009-01-10. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Mobile app development". 2008-11-21. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Project of the Month, July 2009
- "Best of open source enterprise software". 2009-08-31. Archived from the original on 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Start of Crowdfunding for Piwik 2.0: Donate to directly support the Piwik 2.0 development!". 2012-12-18. Retrieved 2012-12-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matomo.|