Matt Fish (footballer)
|Full name||Matthew Fish|
|Date of birth||5 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Croydon, England|
|Playing position||Right Back|
|2007||→ AFC Wimbledon (loan)||0||(0)|
|2014||→ Portsmouth (loan)||3||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:14, 28 March 2015 (UTC).
Fish progressed through the Crystal Palace youth ranks but was released in the summer of 2007 after a short loan spell at AFC Wimbledon. He made the switch to Isthmian League Division One side Dover Athletic in 2007 after a successful trial. He enjoyed a successful spell at Dover, winning two promotions in four seasons, and in the summer of 2011 made the move up to the Football League with Gillingham on a free transfer, linking up with former Dover manager Andy Hessenthaler. He made his professional debut on 9 August 2011, in the Football League Cup 1–0 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion at the Falmer Stadium, coming on as a second-half substitute for Barry Fuller. On 21 November 2014 Fish joined League Two club Portsmouth on loan until 3 January 2015.
- Dover Athletic
- "...but there's good news as Fish stays on". 2010-05-18. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- "Matt Fish signs on". 2007-07-23. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- "Matt Fish profile". 2011-08-22. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Gillingham sign Chris Whelpdale, Danny Kedwell, Andy Frampton, Lewis Montrose, Matt Fish and Ross Flitney". 2011-08-22. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Brighton 1-0 Gillingham". BBC News. 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "Bean and Fish arrive on loan". Portsmouth FC. 2014-11-21. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- "Ebbsfleet United sign full-back Matt Fish from Gillingham and former Northampton Town defender Kelvin Langmead". Kent Online. 10 January 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2015.