|Matthew J. Lohr|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 26th district
January 11, 2006 – April 30, 2010
|Preceded by||Glenn Weatherholtz|
|Succeeded by||Tony Wilt|
August 28, 1971 |
|Spouse(s)||Andrea Lynch Lohr (1995–2011; her death)
Beth Lohr (2015-present)
|Children||Caroline, Carson, Isabella, Gianna, Isaac and Sophia|
|Alma mater||Virginia Tech|
|Occupation||Farmer and Motivational Speaker|
Matthew J. "Matt" Lohr (born August 28, 1971) is an American politician. Lohr served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 2006–2010, representing the 26th district in the Shenandoah Valley, made up of the city of Harrisonburg and part of Rockingham County. From May 1, 2010 until December 16, 2013, he served as the 14th Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services under Governor Robert F. McDonnell.[update] From December 2013 until June 2017, Lohr worked for Farm Credit of the Virginias as director of the Knowledge Center. In this position he facilitated the sharing of knowledge and resources for the betterment of all farmers. Today, Lohr divides his time between his farming operation (LohrsFarm.com) and his motivational speaking business (LohrLeadership.com).
While in the House, Lohr served on the committees of Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources; Counties, Cities and Towns; and Finance. He also served as chairman of the Agriculture Subcommittee. During his time in office, he was presented "Legislator of the Year" awards from the Virginia Career and Technical Education Association and the Virginia Economic Development Association. In 2003 he won the American Farm Bureau "Excellence in Agriculture" Award as well as numerous farming and environmental stewardship honors.
|Virginia House of Delegates, 26th district|
|Nov 8, 2005||General||M J Lohr||Republican||8,545||53.58|
|L L Fulk||Democratic||7,353||46.11|
|Glenn Weatherholtz retired; seat stayed Republican|
|Nov 6, 2007||General||Matthew J. "Matt" Lohr||Republican||8,166||71.07|
|Carolyn W. Frank||3,269||28.45|
|Nov 3, 2009||General||Matthew J. "Matt" Lohr||Republican||11,328||73.03|
|A. Gene Hart, Jr.||Democratic||4,170||26.88|
- "Obituaries: Andrea Lynch Lohr". Grandle Funeral Home, Inc.
- "Virginia House of Delegates; Session 2010; Lohr, Matthew J. (Matt)". Virginia House of Delegates. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "Commissioner's Message". Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "General Election- November 8, 2005". Virginia State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "November 6, 2007 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "November 2009 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "Matthew J Lohr". Virginia Public Access Project.
- "Delegate Matt Lohr (R-Harrisonburg)". Richmond Sunlight.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2013-04-29.
|This article about a member of the Virginia House of Delegates is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|