Maureen G. Mulvaney
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maureen G. Mulvaney, also known as MGM, (born 1950 in Portsmouth, Virginia) is a former American special education teacher and college psychology instructor. Mulvaney is currently an internationally known Certified Speaking Professional (National Speakers Association –CSP earned designation), published author and co-author of 4 books, Amazon best selling author of The Women’s Millionaire Club, and entrepreneur and CEO and owner of MGM & Associates, Inc. Mulvaney wanted a simple Success Recipe that anyone could use to create success in their life, whether they were rich or poor or skilled or unskilled. In her book, The Women's Millionaire Club she defines her Secret Success Recipe.
Maureen Mulvaney is one of three children born, in 1950, to Marie and Paul Mulvaney, a US Naval Officer. The Mulvaneys named their oldest daughter, Maureen G. Mulvaney, as it was both lyrical and Irish but mostly so the initials would be MGM—their Big Production.
Marie Mulvaney was the ‘Queen of Spaced Repetition’. Maxwell Maltz’s  was noted for coining the term ‘Spaced Repetition’. By repeating the same phrases, either positive or negative, six times a day, for 21 days, one would create a positive or negative habit. Marie, unknowingly, used Maltz's techniques to reinforce positive statements with Maureen by repeatedly telling her, “You are funny. You are MGM--a big production. One day, you'll be on stage speaking before thousands of people.”
Marie's practices of repeating statements to her daughter succeeded. Maureen, unconsciously, started taking interest in speaking. First, she became a special educator/ elementary teacher. Then she progressed to teaching college psychology. Finally, she used the speaking skills she had learned through teaching and combined them with the skills she had learned from her beloved sorority experiences  to live up to Marie’s expectation by becoming an internationally known speaker. Organically, people stopped calling her Maureen and began to call her—MGM, a big production.
Mulvaney earned a B.S. dual major in Special Education and Elementary Education from Troy State University, in Troy, Alabama. She earned an Ed.M. from Boston University, overseas program, in counseling psychology. Mulvaney is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority, the first secret society for college women in the world. She earned a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speakers Association.
The Women's Millionaire Club
Mulvaney authored The Women's Millionaire Club.
- -"Women make up half of the worlds' population and yet represent a staggering 70% of the world's poor.
- Eve Gumpel wrote:
- Mulvaney was one of them (women living in poverty) "for a nanosecond in my life." When she and her husband divorced, she walked away with nothing. "I became a whiner," she says--until a friend observed, "You're not fun to be with anymore." Electricity was expensive, so Mulvaney started hanging out at the air-conditioned library, reading about successful entrepreneurs.
- "Everything changed," Mulvaney says. "I made a decision." Bypassing her background in special education and psychology, she launched a speaking career, and now "MGM" (her parents' "Big Production") teaches other women how to join her in The Women's Millionaire Club.
Mulvaney wanted to know how the successful women entrepreneurs became both personally and financially successful.
- For her research and book, Mulvaney surveyed, assessed and interviewed twenty-one top performing women millionaires from various home-based businesses. What she found was a winning combination of traits and behaviors or “ingredients” that created Recipes for Million Dollar Successwrote Susan Pascal 
Mulvaney took all the recipes for success that she learned from successful women, including her grandmother, mother, women biographies, and interviewed millionaires, and complied them into her book, The Women’s Millionaire Club. The book provides insights into women running a home-based business.
- Mulvaney, Maureen Gail. Any Kid Can Be a Super Star ~Practical Parenting Strategies for Real Parents.MGM & Associates, INC Publisher. 1999 (ISBN 0-9616923-9-1)
- Mulvaney, Maureen Gail. 'The Women’s Millionaire Club~The Closely Guarded SECRET SUCCESS RECIPES of Millionaire Women for Building and Owning a Millionaire Dollar Home-Based Business Gratitude Publishing, LLC. 2009. (ISBN 978-096169-238-4)Amazon Best Seller (17 March 2009)
- Canfield, Jack & Hansen, Mark Victor. Chicken Soup for the Teacher’s Soul. Health Communications, Inc Publisher. 2002. (ISBN 1-55874-978-0)
- #1 New York Times Bestseller Story (Page 10) Any Kid Can Be a Super Star by Maureen G. Mulvaney (MGM)
- Elliott, Dollie (March 8, 2012). "Women’s Business Leadership ConferenceEnergizes and Motivates More Than 375". Spears School of Business News. Retrieved June 25, 2016.
- President. Mgmsuperstar.co.
- Maltz, Maxwell. Psycho-Cybernetics. Printice-Hall, Inc. 1960 ISBN 0-671-70075-8.
- The Adelphean-Alpha Delta Sorority Magazine. A New Production for MGM. Winter 2010.
- National Speakers Association. 2010 Certified Speaking Professional Certification. http://www.nsaspeaker.org/ABOUTNSA/Certification.aspx
- UNCP, 2006. Taking Gender Equality Seriously: Making Progress, Meeting New Challenges. PNew yori, UNDP, p. 9.
- "Eleanor Roosevelt Biorgraphy" National First Ladies' Library. Firstladies.org. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Cote', Richard N.. Strength and Honor: The Life of Dolley Madison. Corinthian Books, Mr. Pleasant, 2004.
- Hill, Napoleon. "Think & Grow Rich" The Random House Publishing Group. 1960.
- Gumpel, Eva. WomanEntrepreneur. http://www.womenentrepreneur.com/2010/05/expo-tips-join-the-millionaires-club.html%20, May 2010, P1.
- National Numbers: Women-Owned Businesses in the United States (2006).. Center for Women's Business Research. Access date Feb 2010.
- Pascal, Susan. LA Working Moms Examiner. 17 Feb 2010, Part 1-2.
- Amazon, 17 March 2009. The Women's Millionaire Club. Best Seller.
- National Speakers Association
- Certified Speaking Professional
- Maureen G. Mulvaney’s Official Site -MGM & Associates, INC (http://www.mgmsuperstar.com)
- Maureen G. Mulvaney’s Speaker Wiki Site (http://speakerwiki.org/speakers/Maureen_G_Muvlaney )