Maurice Dongier is a Canadian neuropsychiatrist at the Douglas Hospital Research Centre in Montreal, Quebec. He is a Knight (Chevalier) of the French Legion of Honour as well as a connoisseur of wine and fine cooking. Dongier is a founding member of the Société française de Psycho-oncologie (French Society for Psycho-oncology).
Dongier received his medical degree in Marseille in 1951 and took his training at the Allan Memorial Institute in Montreal, Quebec, receiving his diploma in psychiatry from McGill University in 1954. He was a pioneer in providing psychiatric services to remote communities, using his own private plane to reach them. Dongier also flew his plane from Montreal to St. Kitts with a colleague to study the behavior of alcoholic monkeys there, whose behavior is similar to that of people with alcohol abuse problems.
Dongier held positions at the Université de Marseille (France)  and the Université de Liège (Belgium). On his return from Europe in 1971, he went back to McGill as director of the Allan Memorial Institute and also served as Psychiatrist-in-Chief for the Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal. Dongier was also the chairman of McGill's Department of Psychiatry from 1974 to 1985.
Dongier was honored in 2002 by an award named for him: the Maurice Dongier Training Award; the award is for psychiatric clinical research training. In 2005 he was awarded an Emeritus Professorship in psychiatry by McGill University.
- Shoumatoff, Alex. "The Alcoholic Monkeys of St. Kitts". Dispatches from the Vanishing World. Archived from the original on 29 June 2013. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Société française de Psycho-oncologie". Société française de Psycho-oncologie. Retrieved 25 December 2010. (in French)
- "Prizes-Maurice Dongier". Douglas Institute Research Centre. Archived from the original on 1 January 2013. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Canadian Medical News". Canadian Medical Association Journal. Canadian Medical Journal. 104 (7): 627. 3 April 1971. PMC 1930986. (PDF)
- Pinker, Susan (16 April 2002). "Dr. Kraus, I presume?". Journal-Canadian Medical Association. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Northern Ontario Francophone Psychiatric Program" (PDF). Ontario Psychiatric Outreach Programs. Retrieved 25 December 2010. (PDF)
- "Maurice Dongier". Douglas Institute Research Centre. Archived from the original on 1 January 2013. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "History of the McGill Department of Psychiatry". McGill University. Archived from the original on 12 February 2011. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- Naiman, James (2001). "La psychanalyse au Allan Memorial Institute" (PDF). Filegrane. Retrieved 25 December 2010. (PDF) in French
- "Maurice Dongier, Professor Emeritus". McGill University. Archived from the original on 7 February 2011. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- Dongier, Maurice (2003). "What treatment options exist for alcohol abuse?". J Psychiatry Neurosci. Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience. 28 (1): 80. PMC 161728. PMID 12587852.