Mauricio Banchieri Carter
Santiago de Chile, Chile
|Alma mater||Universidad Nacional Andrés Bello|
|Occupation||Businessman, entrepreneur, Chilean Trade Commissioner to New York at ProChile|
Mauricio Banchieri is a Chilean businessman and entrepreneur. Banchieri is the Chilean Trade Commissioner to New York at ProChile. He is a board member for the Chilean American Chamber of Commerce (CACC) in New York. He is the founder of Puro Chile, a Chilean specialty food store chain.
Early life and education
Banchieri was born in Santiago, Chile. He holds a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Andrés Bello National University in Santiago and a Master of Science in Information Systems from American University in Washington D.C.
In 2004, Banchieri and his business partner founded the mobile marketing firm MZZO in Chile. MZZO was established as an information technology company, specializing in mobile marketing, web and engineering design.
According to Newsweek, in 2009 Banchieri founded Puro Chile, a store to promote "the best products and services Chile has to offer to the city of New York." Puro Chile and Puro Vino are niche shopping stores that promote Chilean culture in New York through luxury goods, food, textiles, and wine. The Wall Street Journal classified Puro Chile as one of the best country-specific stores in NYC.
In 2012, Banchieri was selected by the Business and Economics faculty at the Universidad Andrés Bello as the most successful alumni for his graduating year.
Banchieri is a board member of the Chilean-American Chamber of Commerce of New York. In January 2015, he spoke on a panel discussing the economical and business climate in Latin America at a conference hosted by the CACC.
Chilean Trade Commissioner to New York
Banchieri was named the Chilean Trade Commissioner to New York in 2014. As the trade commissioner, he helps develop Chilean trade in goods and services, promotes and attracts foreign direct investment, and fosters tourism.
- Dennis Marrero (1 July 2010). "Puro Chile". Specialty Foods. Archived from the original on 15 February 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Sarah Gold (11 July 2014). "Country-Specific Stores: The Next Best Thing to Buying There". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Commercial Affairs Trade Office". Embassy of Chile in the United States of America. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Amy Finnerty (10 December 2012). "Retail Diplomacy: Exploring the World through Shopping". Newsweek. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Florence Fabricant (29 September 2009). "In SoHo, a Visit to Chile". New York Times. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Board of Directors". North American Chilean Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Con emprendedores e innovadores: el caso de la firma de tecnología móvil MZZO y Casa Check". El Mercurio. 18 July 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Mauricio Banchieri Carter". Universidad Andrés Bello. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Azucena González (18 July 2010). "La faceta empresarial menos conocida de Hernán Somerville". Economía y Negocios. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Mauricio Banchieri fue el ganador de la Facultad de Economía y Negocios en Premios Alumni 2012". Economía y Negocios. 2012. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "CACC Hosts Latin America 2015: Economic, Business and Trade Forecast". Global Philadelphia. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2016.