Collins in 1901
|Full name||Maurice Ignatius Collins|
|Date of birth||21 July 1876|
|Place of birth||Clifton Hill, Victoria|
|Date of death||8 November 1943(aged 67)|
|Place of death||Kew, Victoria|
|Original team(s)||Albert Park / Xavier College|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1904.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Collins played his early football at both Albert Park and Xavier College. He was injured during the 1897 VFL finals series but according to some sources made one appearance. Collins, a defender, was a member of Essendon's 1901 premiership team, as a back pocket. A VFL representative, he was the vice captain of Essendon for his final season.
- AFL Tables, the Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers and the official league website's database state that he played a semi final against Melbourne but Full Points Footy, the official statistical history of the AFL books and Essendon's club website say he did not
- "Maurie Collins - Player Bio". Australian Football. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maurie Collins.|
- Maurie Collins's playing statistics from AFL Tables
- Maurie Collins at AustralianFootball.com
- Holmesby, Russell and Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers. 7th ed. Melbourne: Bas Publishing.
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1870s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|