From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up maurus or Maurus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Maurus is a Latin given name. It can refer to:
- Saint Maurus of Parentium (3rd century), the first bishop of Parentium and the patron saint of Poreč
- Saint Maurus (c. 500 - c. 584), the first disciple of St. Benedict of Nursia
- Blessed Maurus Magnentius Rabanus (Hrabanus) (c. 776 (784?) - 856)
- Saint Maurus of Pécs, the second bishop of Pécs, and abbey of Pannonhalma (c. 1000-c. 1075)
- Maurus of Salerno (c.1130 - 1214), medical writer and teacher
- Mister Maurus, an archetypical school teacher developed by Anton Hansen Tammsaare
- Sylvester Maurus (1619-1687), Italian Jesuit theologian
- Kuber (Maurus the Kuber), brother to Tervel's father Asparukh and son of Kubrat Kaghan of Patria Onoguria
- Maurus, religious name of secret agent monk Alexander Horn
- The inhabitants of Mauretania, ancient kingdom and late Roman province
- Maurus, a genus of gossamer-winged butterflies nowadays usually included in Plebejus
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Maurus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.