Max Cole, 2009 Hollywood Black Film Festival
|Occupation||Director, film director, filmmaker, screenwriter|
Max Cole is an American filmmaker.
Early Life and Career
Max Cole was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His passion for directing is fueled by his love of storytelling, cinematography, and cinema. He credits his Artist Membership at Pittsburgh Filmmakers and his relentless desire to tell compelling stories for inspiring his work.
Cole strives to shoot a variety of films under his production company, Max Cole Films. His visual style is referred to as bold, stylish, and cinematic. He has a strong interest in thought-provoking, provocative material.
In 2009, Cole received the 2009 Best Music Video Award at the HOLLYWOOD BLACK FILM FESTIVAL for his 1 OUT OF 10 MUSIC VIDEO.
Cole’s most recent short films, ALONE AT MIDNIGHT and THE DECISION have screened in several film festivals across the country. In 2014, Cole’s short film ALONE AT MIDNIGHT received the Best Sound Award at the 2015 LAS VEGAS BLACK FILM FESTIVAL and a nomination for Best Short Film at the 2014 SAN DIEGO BLACK FILM FESTIVAL.
ALONE AT MIDNIGHT received a 2014 2nd Place Shorty Short Film Audience Award at the 2014 URBAN MEDIAMAKERS FILM FESTIVAL. THE DECISION received the 2014 Best Shorty Short and 3rd Place Shorty Short Film Audience Awards at the 2014 URBAN MEDIAMAKERS FILM FESTIVAL.
|2015||Last Flight to Los Angeles||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2014||Alone at Midnight||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Awards and Recognition
- 2015 Las Vegas Black Film Festival: ALONE AT MIDNIGHT Receives BEST SOUND AWARD
- 2014 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival: THE DECISION Receives BEST SHORTY SHORT FILM AWARD
- 2014 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival: THE DECISION Receives 3RD PLACE SHORTY SHORT FILM AUDIENCE AWARD
- 2014 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival: ALONE AT MIDNIGHT Receives 2ND PLACE SHORTY SHORT FILM AUDIENCE AWARD
- 2014 San Diego Black Film Festival: ALONE AT MIDNIGHT NOMINATION FOR BEST SHORT FILM
- 2010 Hollywood Music In Media Awards: ADDICTED NOMINATION FOR BEST MUSIC VIDEO
- 2010 Finalist: NOMINATION FOR PROJECT ILADUSK VIRAL COMMERCIAL
- 2009 Hollywood Black Film Festival: 1 OUT OF 10 MUSIC VIDEO Receives BEST MUSIC VIDEO AWARD