||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Massimo Pezzali|
|Born||November 14, 1967|
|Origin||Pavia, Lombardy, Italy|
|Genres||Pop rock, alternative rock, dance-pop|
|Years active||1991 - present|
|Labels||Warner Music Italia|
Massimo "Max" Pezzali (born 14 November 1967 in Pavia) has been the singer and main song writer of the pop rock group "883". In 2004, he released his first solo album "Il mondo insieme a te". The album was successful in Italy and from then on Pezzali decided to continue his work as a solo artist. Together with the productions dating back to the 883 period, Max Pezzali sold over 18 million albums, thereby being one of the most popular singer in the history of Italian music.
Max Pezzali was born on November 14, 1967 in Pavia, Italy. His parents owned a florists near the family home. During his high school years, Pezzali was held back for one year because he did not achieve the required pass grades. It was in this class that he would meet his friend and future band mate, Mauro Repetto. Pezzali and Repetto both shared a love for rock and roll music and it was this that led to the idea of starting a band. Together they went on holiday to the USA. During their stay they purchased a cheap synthesizer, a drumkit and some CDs, and on their return to Pavia immediately began writing music.
Being a big fan of motorbikes, especially Harley Davidsons, they decided to name the group 883 after the mark's Sportster. Pezzali and Repetto started their singing career at the Castrocaro Music Festival in 1991, with the song "Non me la menare", also included in # 1 hit LP "Hanno ucciso l'uomo ragno" ("They killed Spider-Man"), in 1992. In 1994 Repetto left the band on good terms to pursue his dream of becoming a movie director in America. The band continued without him until 2002 when Pezzali announced his plans to begin a solo career and to take full credit for his songs. During their career (1992–2002), 883 published six studio albums, released over 25 music videos and frequently toured Italy.
In 2003, Pezzali began work on his first solo album which was released in 2004. His style of writing differed very little from his music with "883". The main themes in his songs were still friendship, honesty, and relationships. In 2005 an "883" and "Max Pezzali" greatest hits album was released which included a DVD with all the music videos to date and stayed at the top of the album chart for 10 weeks. His second solo album, "Time Out", was released during the summer of 2007. It proved a great success with the most popular songs remaining at the top of the charts throughout the summer. Pezzali is well accepted by his fans for his friendly approach, great stage performances, and his commitment to his music.
He is currently living in Rome where he used to live with Martina, his now ex-wife. They married on 2 April 2005, after 13 together, and a son, Hilo, born in 2008, they are officially separated in 2014.
- Studio albums
- 1992 - Hanno ucciso l'uomo ragno
- 1993 - Nord sud ovest est
- 1995 - La donna il sogno & il grande incubo
- 1997 - La dura legge del gol!
- 1999 - Grazie mille
- 2001 - Uno in più
- 1994 - Remix '94
- 1998 - Gli anni
- 2000 - Mille grazie (only released in Austria, Switzerland and Germany)
- 2002 - Love/Life: L'amore e la vita al tempo degli 883
- 2013 - Collection: 883
- Studio albums
- 2004 - Il mondo insieme a te
- 2007 - Time Out
- 2011 - Terraferma
- 2012 - Hanno ucciso l'uomo ragno 2012
- 2013 - Max 20
- 2015 - Astronave Max
- 2005 - Tutto Max
- Live albums
- 2008 - Max Live 2008
- In 1998 he dedicated much of his time to writing a book. The book went into deeper detail about the experiences he described in his lyrics. It was titled Stessa storia, stesso posto, stesso bar. During the same year, he starred in the movie Jolly Blue, along with his old mates. The film featured many of 883's biggest hits and the story was based on the lyrics of certain songs.
- In 2002 he was selected to write the lyrics and record the vocals for the theme-tune of the Italian version of the movie Treasure Planet.
- On April 8, 2008, he released his first novel, Per prendersi una vita.
- In 2013 he released an autobiographical novel titled I cowboy non mollano mai - La mia storia.
Awards and nominations
|2013||MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Italian Act||Himself||Nominated|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Max Pezzali.|
- "MTV EMA: svelate le nomination, in testa Justin Timberlake e Macklemore" (in Italian). Rockol.it. 17 September 2013. Archived from the original on 17 September 2013.