|Full name||Maxim Shmyrev|
|Born||30 November 1971|
Moscow, Soviet Union (today as Russia)
|Playing style||Offensive, two-wing looper|
Maxim Shmyrev (born 30 November 1971) is a male table tennis player from Moscow, Russia. He is a multiple Russian National Champion in table tennis, winning Men Singles title five times. He is also a three-times world champion of ping-pong (sandpaper), having won the first three world championships in that discipline, from 2011 to 2014.
In February 2011, he participated in an inaugural World Championship of Ping Pong held in Las Vegas, USA. In the final match he defeated Ernesto Ebuen from Philippines 3-1. Then in 2012 he was once again selected (as part of the Russian team) to play at the second worlds championship  held in London, UK. He went undefeated again, winning his very tough final match vs Sule Olaleye from Nigeria with the score of 3-2. In January 2014 he easily defeated 3-0 Ilija Lupulesku (United States) in the final of the third WCPP. However, in the fourth WCPP held at the same location in January 2015 he lost his semifinal match to the eventual winner Andrew Baggaley.
He is also very active in table tennis administration and currently sits on the board of Russian Table Tennis Federation, also being its vice-president.
- Lao, Edward (January 7, 2014). "Gonzales crashes out of ping pong World Cup". ABS-CBN Europe News Bureau. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "World Championship of Ping Pong (WCPP)". Worldchampionshippowerpong.com. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Home". World Championship of Ping Pong. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Shmyrev becomes double World Ping Pong Champion at the Ally Pally - TIBS Sports News". Tibsnews.com. 2013-01-07. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Shmyrev wins third title in four years". ESPN. 2014-01-05. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Andrew Baggaley Won The 2015 World Championship Of Ping Pong". TableTennisTA. 2015-01-26. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Исполнительный комитет". Ttfr.ru. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
|This biographical article relating to table tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|