Mayo Clinic Proceedings
|Proceedings of the Staff Meetings of the Mayo Clinic|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Mayo Clin. Proc.|
|Edited by||William L. Lanier|
Mayo Clinic Proceedings is a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal published by Elsevier and sponsored by the Mayo Clinic. It covers the field of general internal medicine. The journal was established in 1926 as the Proceedings of the Staff Meetings of the Mayo Clinic and obtained its current name in 1964. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2014 impact factor of 6.262, ranking it 11th out of 153 journals in the category "Medicine, General & Internal". The journal started online publishing in 1999. Initially, its website consisted of simple lists of tables of content. In 2012, the current website was established. In addition to the journal content, it contains extra features such as Medical Images, Residents Clinics, Art at Mayo, and Stamp Vignettes on Medical Science, as well as author interviews and monthly issue summaries. Readers can also obtain CME credit.
The following persons have been editors-in-chief of the journal:
- E. D. Bayrd (1964–1970)
- A. B. Hayles (1971–1976)
- J. L. Juergens (1977–1981)
- R. G. Siekert (1982–1986)
- P. J. Palumbo (1987–1993)
- Udaya B. S. Prakash (1994–1998)
- William L. Lanier (1999–present)
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Medicine, General & Internal". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- Lanier, W.L. (1999). "Leading Mayo Clinic Proceedings Into the Future". Mayo Clinic Proceedings 74: 104. doi:10.1016/S0025-6196(11)64567-9.
- "Journal CME Instructions". Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Elsevier. Retrieved 2013-03-12.