|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada (1957)|
|Headquarters||Florenceville-Bristol, New Brunswick, Canada|
|Allison D. McCain - Chairman
Dirk Van de Put - President & CEO of McCain Foods Limited
Shai Altman - President & CEO of McCain Foods (Canada)
|Products||French fries, appetizers, vegetables, desserts, entrees, and oven meals|
|Revenue||$6.5 billion CAD (2009)|
Number of employees
McCain Foods Limited is a Canadian multi-national privately owned company that was established in 1957 in Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. It is one of the world's largest manufacturer of frozen French fries and other potato specialties. It is also held as one of Canada's best managed companies with a platinum status recognizing their business performance and efforts throughout their organization. Its major competitors are Simplot and ConAgra.
Building on the potato produce company founded by the grandfather Henry McCain and father Andrew Davies, the frozen fries company was started by the third generation: brothers Harrison McCain, Wallace McCain, Robert McCain and Andrew McCain (sisters did not join in the equity of the business). The company is still privately held by their descendants.
In 1957 their first year of production the processing plant at McCain's was able to process 1,500 pounds of potato products every hour. With only 30 employees in their first year they were able to gross over $150,000 in sales.
Today McCain Foods has over 20,000 employees with 47 production facilities in six continents. It sells one-third of the world's frozen French fries products in more than 160 countries. The company now grosses 8.5 billion in sales and processes over 1 million pounds of potatoes an hour using 6.5 million tons a year.
From 2010 to 2013 McCains were the sponsors of films on Film 4. In May 2014 McCain Foods announced they were the new sponsors of Emmerdale. They also sponsored All Star Family Fortunes from 2008 to 2010.
- Argentina - McCain Argentina SA
- Australia - McCain Foods (Aust) Pty Ltd.
- Austria - McCain Foods GmbH
- Belgium - McCain Foods Belgium N.V.
- Brazil - McCain do Brasil Alimentos Ltda.
- Canada - Aliments McCain Foods Ltd/Ltée
- China - McCain Foods China
- Colombia - McCain Colombia
- France - McCain Alimentaire SA
- Germany - McCain Deutschland GmbH
- Greece - McCain Hellas Ltd.
- India - McCain Foods (India) Pvt. Ltd
- Italy - McCain Alimentari Italia srl
- Korea - McCain Foods Korea Corporation Ltd
- Mexico - McCain Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
- Netherlands - McCain Foods (Holland)
- New Zealand - McCain Foods (NZ) Limited
- Poland - McCain Poland Sp. z o.o.
- Portugal - McCain Portugal
- Scandinavia (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden) - McCain Foods Nordic
- South Africa - McCain Foods SA (Pty) Ltd.
- Spain - McCain España, S.A.
- Switzerland - McCain Schweiz
- Taiwan - McCain Foods Taiwan Ltd.
- United Kingdom - McCain Foods (GB) Limited
- United States - McCain USA
- McCain corporate fact release
- Company history
- "Our food, our story, our people | McCain Foods". McCain Canada Retail. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Philpott, Tom (November 14, 1014). "Will This New GMO Potato Take Off? McDonald’s Has Spoken". Mother Jones. Mother Jones and the Foundation for National Progress. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "McCain Foods". www.careerbeacon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "About McCain Foods - Global Family Owned Food Business". www.mccain.com. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- ROB Magazine