|Private limited company|
|Headquarters||Willesden, London, United Kingdom|
MedicAnimal was founded in 2007 by veterinarian Andrew Bucher and ex-Goldman Sachs broker Ivan Retzignac. It was a latecomer to the market but acquired three of its competitors in the UK between 2010 and 2012 including Pet Supermarket and Petmeds. The private equity firm Iris Capital invested £5m in the company in 2010, followed by Balderton Capital investing £10m in 2012. Its income grew from £1.1m in its first year to £75m in 2013 leading the company to be included in several lists of fastest-growing companies.
- Tripathi, Shruti (2013-04-03). "Bow-wow! The £80m London pet business you’ve never heard of". LondonlovesBusiness.com. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- Owen, Vicki (2014). "Online sales rocket to £47m for pet drugs provider". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Lisa Kelly (2012-05-11). "Entrepreneur sells on-line retailer Pet Supermarket". Bdaily Business News. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- Alex Hawkes (20 August 2012). "Good buy! Founder of Petmeds website sells to rival MedicAnimal for millions". This is Money. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- Kiki Loizou (2014-01-05). "How I Made It: Ivan Retzignac and Andrew Bucher, Founders of MedicAnimal". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2014-03-27.