Melanie Moore (born September 17, 1991) is an American actress and professional dancer best known as the winner of the eighth season of the U.S. reality television competition So You Think You Can Dance. According to the results announced on the broadcast, Moore won "overwhelmingly", garnering 47% of the vote in a four-way final tally.
Moore was educated in Marietta, Georgia, where she attended Lassiter High School and was crowned homecoming queen. At the time of the SYTYCD competition, she was a 19-year-old college freshman attending Fordham University at Lincoln Center in New York City. Moore trained and competed for twelve years at Centre Stage School of Dance Marietta and than after twelve years she began training at Rhythm Dance Center. Moore won the National JUMP Senior Female VIP.[when?]
Melanie originated the role of Peter Pan in Finding Neverland on Broadway at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater. In 2015, she was nominated for the Fred and Adele Astaire "Best Female Dancer" Award for her work in the role. She played the role of Chava in the 2015 Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof until the show closed on December 31, 2016. She appeared in the 2017 Broadway revival of Hello Dolly! as Ermengarde through the end of the show's run in August 2018.
- Melanie Moore is new "SYTYCD" champion Archived August 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' crowns Melanie Moore as 8th season champion[dead link]
- Fox TV profile Archived August 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "'Rhythm Dance Center'". Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Kate Hudson Talks 'Glee,' Wedding Plans and Motherhood (VIDEO)". Celebuzz. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "2015 Show and Ticket Sales". The Astaire Awards. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
| Winner of So You Think You Can Dance
Chehon Wespi-Tschopp and Eliana Girard
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|