Melanie Moore (born September 17, 1991) is an American professional dancer best known as the winner of the eighth season of the U.S. reality television competition So You Think You Can Dance.[dead link] According to the results announced on the broadcast, Moore won "overwhelmingly", garnering 47% of the vote in a four-way final tally.[dead link]
Moore was educated in Marietta, Georgia, where she attended Lassiter High School and was crowned homecoming queen. At the time of the competition, she was a 19-year-old college freshman attending Fordham University at Lincoln Center in New York City.[dead link] Moore trained and competed for twelve years in Marietta at Rhythm Dance Center. She later left college to continue her dance training in Marietta. Moore won the National JUMP Senior Female VIP.[when?]
|Winner of So You Think You Can Dance
Chehon Wespi-Tschopp and Eliana Girard
Melanie is currently playing Peter Pan in Finding Neverland on Broadway at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater. In 2015, she was nominated for the Fred and Adele Astaire "Best Female Dancer" Award for her work in the role.
- Melanie Moore is new "SYTYCD" champion
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' crowns Melanie Moore as 8th season champion
- Fox TV profile
- "'Rhythm Dance Center'". Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Kate Hudson Talks 'Glee,' Wedding Plans and Motherhood (VIDEO)". Celebuzz. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "2015 Show and Ticket Sales". The Astaire Awards. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|