Melinda Maxwell (born London, 1953) is an English oboist and composer. She is principal oboist of the ensemble Endymion and the Birmingham Contemporary Music Group, and a regularly principal of the London Sinfonietta. She has been an academic teacher at the Royal Academy of Music, Birmingham Conservatoire, Trinity College and the Royal Northern College of Music.
- Pibroch for solo oboe and drone (1981)
- Transformations for soprano and chamber ensemble (1990)
- Endless Chain for oboe, saxophone and percussion (1992)
- Elegy for oboe and piano (1994)
- Three movements for solo clarinet (1994)
- Pelagos for string trio (1995)
- From Tree to Tree for string sextet (1998)
- Songlines and Cadences for clarinet and harp (1999)
- Song for Sidney for solo oboe and two echo oboes (2001)
- Crane Dance for double-reed ensemble (2008)
- Singla Rock for mixed quintet (2009)
- "Melinda Maxwell". Royal Northern College of Music. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- British Women Composers, Volume 2 (booklet). London: Lontano Records Ltd. 1992. LNT103.
- "Melinda Maxwell". University of York Department of Music. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- Birtwistle – Maxwell – Holt (booklet). London: NMC Recordings Ltd. 1997. NMCD042S.
- Melinda Maxwell: composer and oboist (booklet). Watford: Dutton Laboratories. 2004. CDLX7139.
- Melinda Maxwell: In Manchester (booklet). Watford: Dutton Laboratories. 2007. CDLX7180.
- "Melinda Maxwell – oboe". Endymion. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- Sound Census (booklet). London: NMC Recordings Ltd. 2010. NMCD160.