This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Walimuni Mudiyanselage Menake Hemaal Rajapakse|
24 May 1989
Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
|Residence||235, A, Mudiyansege Watta, Dalugama, Kelaniya|
|Alma mater||St Peter's College, Colombo|
|Years active||2005 - present|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
Virangi Siriwardena (2010-2013) |
Nehara Pieris (2014-present)
Most Popular teledrama actor 2009, 2010, 2011Peoples Youth Actor of the Year 2012
Walimuni Mudiyanselage Menake Hemaal Rajapakse, or popularly as Menake Rajapakse (මේනක රාජපක්ශ b. 24 May 1989), is an award-winning Sri Lankan actor and model. He was first cast in 2005 as one of the main actors, but the role changed into a lead, in the teledrama Sanda Mudunata, which was telecast on Swarnavahini in 2005.
He had acted in more than 30 teledramas and 3 films as of 2015.
Menake is the second child of his family. His father Ivan Rajapakse was an executive who worked in the hotel industry and died on 2004. His mother Sareena Alan, is a Malay and was a teacher at Wycherly International School. He is a past pupil of St. Peter’s College, Colombo.
In 2005, Menaka was selected for a main role of the teledrama Sanda Mudunata.
He became popular during 2008, in the teledrama Muthu Kirilli and then acted in many television serials such as Ran Dam Wal, and Adare Ahasa Tharam. His first film was Sinhawalokanaya, a sport-drama film. He also acted in the crime thriller film Train to Kandy.
Menaka married Virangi Siriwardena in 2010. They divorced in 2013,. Nehara and Menaka acted in lead roles on many occasions. They first met in Muthu Kirilli, and followed in Amanda, Bharyawo, Ammawarune, Situ Medura and others.
- "Menaka Rajapaksha". Lanka Information. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Sri Lankan Actors". Films.lk. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Menaka Rajapaksha - මේනක රාජපක්ෂ". Pahansara blog. Retrieved 11 March 2017.[unreliable source?]
- "රන් දම්වැල් ස්වාධීන රූපවාහිනියේ". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Muthu and Menaka as lovers in Adare Ahasa Tharam". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Thrillers and chillers!". Daily News. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "He cares me always". Sarasviya. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "On location of Ammawarune". Sarasviya. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "Menaka Rajapaksa Separated | Gossip Lanka News". gossiplankanews.com. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Nehara & Menaka in USA for “Adaraneeya Niagara”
- නමක් අමතක වුණා නම් සොරි අපි රට හැර ගියා...
- ලක්ෂපතියේ ලක්ෂ පහ දිනූ මේනක සරසවියට හෙළි කළ රහස
- මේනක - නෙහාරා සමඟ සෘජු කතාබහක්
- මේනක, නෙහාරාට ප්රශ්නාවලියක්
- මේනක රාජපක්ෂ ගැන අම්මා සරීනා ගේ මතකය
- ඉක්මනින් මවක්වෙන්න ආසයි - Nehara Pieris