This article does not cite any sources. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The initial line up was: Evelyn Downing (voice, harmonies, flute, and loops) Jamie Field (guitar and bass) and Andrew Garman (keyboard, bass and drums). In the beginning the band was envisaged purely as a studio project, and in June 2003 they released a 14 track debut album, The Mermaid Kiss Album, and following many requests they made their live debut on 21 December 2003, at The Rock Cafe 2000, Stourbridge supporting Karnataka.
In September 2004, Downing left Kington to further her studies at University in Manchester, and a second vocalist, Kate Belcher (also from Kington) was recruited. The band's second release in February 2006, a 7 track EP entitled Salt On Skin, contained songs featuring vocals by both Downing and Belcher, together with guest singer, Kate Emerson. The artwork and photography for the CD was by Chris Walkden. One of the songs on the EP, "The Blushing Bride", featured guitar work of Panic Room (and former Karnataka) guitarist, Paul Davies.
A second album, Etarlis, was released on 18 June 2007. Etarlis was described by the band as a series of musical illustrations of the fantasy story of the same name, written by Field and Downing over the past years. The music featured vocals from Downing and Belcher. The album's eleven tracks were written and arranged by Field and Garman. Lead guitarwork was supplied by Nigel Hooton, and a range of woodwind instruments were played by Wendy Marks. Guest performances from Troy Donockley (Iona) and Jonathan Edwards (Panic Room and ex Karnataka) were also featured.
Following her contribution to Etarlis, Wendy Marks joined the band as a full member in 2008.
In 2012, the band released their third full-length album, 'Another Country'.
- Maria Milewska - lead vocals, flute, piano
- Hannah Simons - violin
- Wendy Marks - harmony vocals, flute, recorder, oboe, cor anglais
- Jamie Field - 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars, dulcimer, cuatro de Puerto Rico
- Shane Webb - bass
Former Members and Guests
- Evelyn Downing - vocals, flute
- Andrew Garman - keyboards
- Kate Belcher - vocals, guitar
- Ellie Goulding - vocals, guitar
- Kate Emerson - vocals
- Nigel Hooton - guitars
- Troy Donockley- uilleann pipes
- Jonathan Edwards - keyboards
- Paul Davies - lead guitar
- Richard Northwood - bass
- Peter West - guitars, bass
- Colin Henney - keyboards
- Steve White - drums, percussion
- The Mermaid Kiss Album (album, 2003)
- Salt on Skin (EP, 2006)
- Etarlis (album, 2007)
- Another Country (album , 2012)