Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
|Type of Trust|
|Mental Health trust|
|Last annual budget|
|Chief Executive||Joe Rafferty|
|Care Quality Commission reports||CQC|
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health NHS trust and a provider of learning disabilities, addiction management and acquired brain injury services. The trust provide secure mental health services for the North West of England, the West Midlands and Wales, one of only three NHS organisations in England offering high secure services.
It also runs mental health wards at Rathbone Hospital in Wavertree, the Broadoak Unit at Broadgreen Hospital, Mossley Hill Hospital, Windsor House on Upper Parliament Street in Central Liverpool and Heys Court in Garston, Merseyside
It was named by the Health Service Journal as one of the top hundred NHS trusts to work for in 2015. At that time it had 3448 full-time equivalent staff and a sickness absence rate of 5.77%. 58% of staff recommend it as a place for treatment and 53% recommended it as a place to work.
- "First phase complete on £25 million mental health unit". Specification Online. 9 April 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Revealed: Inside Merseyside's newest mental health hospital as it nears completion". Liverpool Echo. 14 October 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "Mental health trusts reveal ‘centre of excellence’ merger plans". Health Service Journal. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "HSJ reveals the best places to work in 2015". Health Service Journal. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Mersey Care breathes new life into Walton Library". LIverpool Echo. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 17 April 2016.