This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mervyn Adrian Cardoza
|Died||November 17, 2010|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Commands held||5th Armoured Brigade|
|Battles/wars||Indo-Pakistani War of 1965|
|Relations||sons – Chris, Bruce and Geof|
Background and family
He was first educated at St Patrick's High School, Karachi. Cardoza attended St. George's College, Mussoorie from where he graduated in 1944. He had three sons, Chris, Bruce and Geof. He had nine grandchildren.
Cardoza who was commanding 5 Armoured Brigade until 1970, left to take over the new post of Director Logistics in 1971.
After retiring from the Army he migrated to Canada.
Cardoza died In Toronto, Canada on November 17, 2010. A Funeral Mass was celebrated on November 20 at Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Toronto.
- Herald Review Goa O C T O B E R 2 8 , 2 0 1 2
- The Old Patricians website accessed April 18, 2012 Archived November 29, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Mascarenhas, Oswin (2011). The Origin and Evolution of St Lawrence's Parish, Karachi, Pakistan: The Garden Area with the Settlement of the Christian Community (Kindle Locations 1673–1674). Kindle Edition.
- Defence Journal July 1998
- Toronto Star November 18, 2010
|This biographical article related to the Pakistani military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|