From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Metalize)
Metalization may refer to one of a number of different processes on Wikipedia:
- Coating a covering applied an object's surface that improves surface properties: adhesion, resistance to corrosion or wear or scratches.
- Metallizing (also metalize) to coat, treat, or combine with a metal.
- Thermal spraying melted (or heated) materials are sprayed onto a surface.
- Vacuum deposition is a family of processes used to deposit layers as thin as one atom to millimeters thick in a vacuum.
- Vacuum metallizing the metallic coating of an object takes place in a vacuum chamber.
- Vacuum coating a mechanized process for applying coatings to lengths of materials.
- Transition of a nonmetal to a metallic substance due to a change of allotrope or closure of a bandgap, usually at very high pressures.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Metalization.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.