|Meaning||"brave", "galahad", "hero", "valiant", "gallant"|
|Look up Mete in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mete is a common masculine Turkish given name. In Turkish, "Mete" means "brave", "galahad", "hero", "valiant", and/or "gallant".
Mete is a deformed version of "Mo - du" which is the regnal name of Modu Chanyu who was the founder of Xiongnu Empire. Mete is considered one of the first known Turkish rulers in the history and the name is used in memory of him. Appropriate Turkish reading of "Mo - du" is "Baghatur". Baghatur is also used as a masculine given name by Turkish people as Bahadır, Batur, and as in other cognate forms.
- Ahmet Mete Işıkara (1941-2013), Turkish seismologist
- Mete Binay, Turkish weightlifter
- Mete Özgencil, Turkish singer
- Halil Mete Soner, Turkish mathematician
- Mete Akarsu, in Öyle Bir Geçer Zaman ki (see Turkish Wikipedia article).
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|