Michael Jay Moon
Michael Jay Moon
|Occupation||Co-founder and CEO of GISTICS Inc.|
|Firebrands: Building Brand Loyalty in the Internet Age|
Michael Jay Moon is the co-author of Firebrands: Building Brand Loyalty in the Internet Age, as well as the co-founder and CEO of the consulting and research company GISTICS Inc.
Moon was a contributing editor for Morph’s Outpost from 1993-1995, launching the magazine and writing a monthly column. A technical publication on emerging multimedia design technology, it was based on the design of '60s underground newspapers. He was a blogger for Customer Engagement Agencies, DAM for Marketing and Engagement Marketspace. In 2000, he co-authored Firebrands: Building Brand Loyalty in the Internet Age with Doug Millison. The book is now available in 13 languages.
Michael Jay Moon, Doug Millison, Firebrands: Building Brand Loyalty in the Internet Age, McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, 2000
Moon began his career in Silicon Valley at the microcomputer company IMS Associates, Inc. in 1978, working in marketing and business development roles. He went on to work with Regis McKenna at Regis McKenna, Inc., working on the advertising accounts of Apple, Intel, and Microfocus. He founded his first marketing and communications agency, Michael Moon Associates, in 1981.
After working at various Silicon Valley market research firms, Moon co-founded the Oakland-based GISTICS Inc. in 1987 as a research firm exploring the deployment of new technology, and serves as its president and CEO. Since 1991 it has focused almost exclusively on digital media and marketing automation. GISTICS researches emerging technologies and provides recommendations for companies to apply them to business and marketing applications. GISTICS also explores emerging trends in social media, and how technology companies can apply them as part of their market entry strategy.
Awards and associations
In January 1999, Chief Executive Magazine featured Moon in the magazine’s “Technology Gurus” article. He also serves on the advisory board of The Vasconcellos Project, a group created to carry the vision of former Silicon Valley legislator John Vasconcellos.
- "1.04: Street Cred". Wired.com. 2009-01-04. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- David Pescovitz at 2:33 pm Fri, Aug 29, 2008 (2008-08-29). "Morph's Outpost 15th anniversary". Boing Boing. Retrieved 2013-08-27.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Morph's Outpost on the Digital Frontier". Morphsoutpostonthedigitalfrontier.blogspot.com. 1994-08-08. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "DAM for Marketing – Re: Michael Moon, CEO, GISTICS". Damformarketing.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Loyalty Hardens for Leading Brands on Internet | News". TechNewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- Journal of Digital Asset Management (2006-09-01). "Journal of Digital Asset Management - Abstract of article: Carbon monoxide costs in your marcom supply chain". Palgrave-journals.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- Moon, Michael; Millison, Doug (2000). Firebrands: Building Brand Loyalty in the Internet Age - Michael Jay Moon, Doug Millison - Google Books. ISBN 9780072124491. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "IMSAI 8048 Computer". Imsai.net. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "Fury of Steven Jobs—a Theory, Part 1 |". Connectedimaginations.com. 2012-11-25. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "Michael Moon - CEO at GISTICS Incorporated - United States". FinRoad. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Full text of "Microcomputing Magazine (March 1983)"". Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Digital Asset Management Webinar". Sun.systemnews.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- Karen J. BannanPublished: June 12, 2002 (2002-06-12). "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING; A new breed of advisers helps businesses see what customers like, and dislike, about Web sites. - New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- Journal of Digital Asset Management (2009-12-01). "Journal of Digital Asset Management - DAM for marketing operations - An interview with Michael Moon of DAM". Palgrave-journals.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- MICHAEL MOON; JEFF MARTIN; JOEL WARWICK (2002). "Business Case for Dynamic Imaging in the Enterprise" (PDF). GISTICS. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- Martin, Justin (1996-01-15). "CONFUSION IS KILLING CD-ROM SALES - January 15, 1996". Money.cnn.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- Rits (2011-04-26). "Social Marketing é a bola da vez - Notícias - Marketing". Administradores.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Michael Moon - KMWorld Magazine". Kmworld.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "The Vasconcellos Project - Board and Advisors". Politicsoftrust.net. 2004-11-30. Retrieved 2013-09-03.